Thursday, October 19, 2006

10-19-06 Dynamic Upper Body

Bike 5 minutes
DB Power Cleans- 45/6x 3
Seated Rows- 205/10x3

Power Clean & Millitary Press- 90/1+3, and 110k/1+3 (Weird how I can do millitary press with relatively no pain, but bench still hurts. I have to build my upper body strength back. I've done a strick 145k/1 millitary (319 lbs).
Incline DB Bench- 100/8 x 3
DB Flies- 35/10 x 3
Tri-Delts- 15/8 x 3
DB Curls- 50/8x3
Rope Pushdowns- 100/10 x 3

I did a lot of upper body work tonight. I am giving my lower body a rest. I need to even a few weak spots on my upper body, so I can balance a few things.

After that I sat around and discussed politics with the intelligent gentlemen in my training group consisting of a retired Marine, and a guy who knows more about guns than a four star General. So as you can imagine, we were saving the world. One story that I have to tell you about is what Wayne the "Gunsman" was telling about his family history. Seems like in Alabama his family were sawmillers that invented a game consisting of hitting a board with a sledge hammer that rest on a rock, and on the other end of the plank was a block of wood. They would compete to see who could hit the block of wood higher. One day another man hit the block super high, and when the block came tumbling back down to earth, it struck his uncle in the head and killed him. WOW! As you can imagine, the sport never got olympic recognition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home