Friday, January 12, 2007

Reasons for my sudden turn around in performance and attitude!

I have been thinking about this question a lot lately, and here is what I have come up with. These last few months, heck the last year has been simply horrific for me with the loss of my dad, and as a few months ago, the loss of my engagement with Julie (not to mention she took my dogs with her). It seemed that my life was just spiraling out of control, and then out of the blue, the owners of a little gym in Mocksville, NC Gym 365 called me, and said that he wanted me to train athletes out of his gym. At first I wasn't to excited about it, or anything else for all that matters, but the owners were persistent, so I dropped by and the rest is history. Now my whole life and happiness revolves around that place and its staff and members, and as always my beautiful daughter Bailey!

Now I train athletes that range from 11-17 for highschool, and then I have several adult lifters, and one girl powerlifter, Cheryl that is going to make a huge impression on the sport in a few weeks. I train one Autistic (sp?) athlete who is only twelve years old, but I have witnessed a miracle training this little guy. He never misses! The first day his flexibility was horrible, so I gave him some stretches to perform on his own at home, and by the next week, he was a new man, UNBELIEVABLE! His mechanics for sprinting and jumping have went from the worst in my group to the best. All of them have improved dramatically! I have never seen so much determination from young kids like these. The whole town is magical! My lifting has sky rocketed! The main owner of Gym 365, Richard Staley, has treated me unbelievably well! He is an amazing person that sincerely cares about his members, and the athletes of the town. Lavan Clement, who is the manager and part owner and also a Steve Goggins look alike, has literally become one of my deerest friends ever, and I am getting ready to make this 5'7" 258 lb natural athlete a world champion without a doubt. This guy has literally been a saving grace in my life. Weird how you meet people like that, just when you think all is lost, WOW! I have also met a lady named Missy Rice that has absolutely changed my life, but more of that in the future, LOL! Bottom line is that atmosphere, not equipment and methodology, is what makes a system unbeatable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quiet One said...

Congrats on finding a new girl! Also, I thank you for posting your information as it helps me a lot by motivating me and helping me out with my workouts.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home